September 30th to October 7th, 2018
With Penny Christodoulides & Luke Bache
Haha and Yin Yoga Retreat
Finding your centre and expanding your awareness from that place
September 30th to October 7th, 2018
“We are so excited to impart almost 30 years of combined knowledge and experience sharing a multitude of practices like Yoga, Yoga therapy, Buddhist meditation, Osteopathy, Thai massage, Qi gong, Taoist practices, Homeopathy and Tantric philosophy for a physical, mental, emotional and compassionate investigation during this 7 day holistic wellness retreat in the sun”
Centro Santillan yoga retreat and wellness centre was voted one of the top 20 Yoga Retreat Centres in the World by “The Times”, this year.
We welcome you to a full 7 days of morning and evening practice with plenty of time to explore and relax at your own leisure, whether that’s at the poolside, hiking through the mountains or a walk to the ocean, a mere 5km from the retreat.
The Retreat Rhythm
- Before practice there will be tea, coffee and fruit available if wanted.
- 2.5 hours practice.
- Penny will guide you through a two-hour mixed level asana practice, infused with pranayama. After savasana there will be a 30-minute asana deconstruction for those of you who had some reflection over the practice and any specific asana that you might need more understanding of.
- Followed by a delicious full breakfast at 10am. Time to relax, lie in the sun, hike or take a dip in the salt water pool and then a light lunch around 1.30-2pm from the retreat’s own private chef!
- A ninety minute yin class combining chinese meridian theory, taoist energy practices and Buddhist philosphy to provide a space of internal investigation and acceptance.
- Followed by a guided meditation.
- A mouth watering locally produced dinner and then it is time for an evening talk/ group discussion on a philosophical or health topic followed by a final meditation to round off each wonderful day.
What you can expect
- 2 yoga classes a day, a more dynamic class in the morning and a more restorative/yin practice in the late afternoons.
- A daily talk in the evenings on philosophy or mental, emotional and physical health.
- Daily meditations designed to enable you to establish your own meditation practice at home.
- 3 delicious meals, picked from the gardens on site or local area, prepared your wonderful chefs! If you have any food allergies then please let us know in advance so we can accommodate you.
- Use of all the facilities like the natural salt-water pool, paddle tennis, WIFI, tea, coffee and fruit are include in the price.
- A lot of fun, laughter, delicious food, stunning views of the Spanish country side
- Twin ensuite: 11.950 SEK per person (2 people sharing)
- Single ensuite: 14.200SEK (1 person)
- Deposit of 4000kr to reserve a place (non-refundable)
- Balance due before August 31st, 2018. Payment at a later date will incur a 700 SEK extra cost.
You may also pay in EURO or your own currency to the equivalent of the Swedish crown
The price excludes flights, and transport to/from Santillan Yoga Retreat, though they are able to arrange a local taxi service to provide transfers for an approximate fee of €50 one way if we can assemble a group of 4. You will need to give us enough notice so we can inform them. There is also a minivan service for up to 8 guests that costs around €60 one-way, this is for the whole car/van and not per person.
The nearest airport is Malaga International:
If flying from Stockholm we recommend SAS, or Primera Air Nordic.
If flying from the UK there are more options, including: British Airways, Easy Jet and Primera Air Scandinavia.
In the event of an unforeseeable cancellation from either party, we do advise you take out travel insurance to cover any costs.
We start at 15.30 on September 30th. There isn’t any opportunity to arrive the night before due to another retreat but locally it is possible.
Please send us BOTH an email regarding the retreat and any questions you may have. Further information about how to pay will be released shortly.
‘My approach when I teach a class is based on that fact that the dynamics will vary, the needs are changing and the options are endless. I aim to recognise the possibilities within each practitioner and guide them towards a healthy, safe and accessible place where at times it may be challenging. The practitioner gets to explore, elaborate, experience and accept the practice that keeps them inspired and enlivened yet present and trusting in shaping their journey with guidance. The classes I’m teaching are a slower based hatha with numerous modifications and a multitude of variations to suit the varying ability of each and every practitioner. There is always time to navigate the transitions and arrive in the pose without stress.
Please note that breath is a priority always. Admittedly each class is injected with inversions and hand balances such as handstands to forearm balances, though this is purely optional and taught always with the ability of the practitioner in mind. Of course this is dependent upon personal needs, injuries, restrictions, moods etc. Over the years, the way I teach has been shaped not only by observing my own body’s inherent changes and that of the practitioner, but from the principles and philosophy of both Yoga and Osteopathy reminding us that nothing works in isolation, that under the right circumstances, the body is self healing and self regulating and that it constantly strives for health, freedom and rhythm in each movement.
I prefer to facilitate the empowerment of the student’s choice in discovering the appropriate practice based on their empirical knowledge, rather than dogmatic must dos.’
(Please note headstand, shoulder-stand and lotus are omitted from this retreat.)
During the retreat Penny is available at select times for Osteopathic treatments.
Get in touch to ask any questions or to book a spot and experience this magical yoga retreat in the mountains!
Please note that all deposits paid are non-refundable.
If you are unable to attend the retreat you have the option to transfer your deposit to a future retreat, subject to notifying us of your cancellation at least 8 weeks in advance.